The late medieval hall is only part of the massive vaulted hall which once occupied the entire ground floor of the Princes' Building.
Landshut, contemporary coloured
copper engraving by Georg Hoefnagel,
Antwerp, 1578 (room 1)
It was extended in this form under Duke Ludwig the Rich of Bavaria-Landshut in around 1460 and served as a dining room and assembly room for the ducal retinue. Its external walls date back to the 13th century, when this tract housed the duke's apartments.
back to the tower terrace (last room of the tour)
| top |