Ducal oratory on the princes' gallery of the castle chapel
The upper gallery of the castle chapel was added between 1518 and 1536 for Duke Ludwig X. As the ducal gallery it was directly accessible from the duke's drawing room.
An enclosed wooden structure, designed in the Renaissance style, was built on the gallery to serve as an oratory for the duke. It was heated with the tiled stove that is dated 1536.
The oratory was decorated in 1575/78 and repainted by Franz Joseph Geiger in the baroque era.