Main information:

Trausnitz Castle

Former living room of the duke (room 15)

This room was used for centuries as the drawing room or audience room of the ducal apartments. The original paintings from the epoch of the ducal heir Wilhelm were destroyed in the fire of 1961.


Picture: Former living room of the duke

After 1961, the remains of the baroque wall painting in another Trausnitz room were transferred here. This fresco, created by Franz Joseph Geiger around 1679 by order of Elector Ferdinand Maria of Bavaria, shows trompe l'oeil architecture and representations of the elements and the senses.

show background images
show content